If you want to learn how to defend or attack networks, one of the most important thing is the ability to detect and analyze vulnerabilities in systems or networks.
In this course, you will learn how to follow a systematic process and use it to detect and handle potential vulnerabilities. At . first, you’ll learn passive and active scanning techniques for vulnerabilities. Next, you’ll learn how to extract the results from the data and analyze them to identify vulnerabilities that can be attack, or identify risks that need to be minimize. Finally, you’ll learn how to apply the three most popular vulnerability scanners and compare them with each other. At the end of the course, you will have have the knowledge and skills needed to identify vulnerabilities and take take action.
- Preparing the tools
- Virtual Machines
- OWASP Broken Web Applications
- Metasploitable 2
- Vulnerability scanning methodology
- Search targets to work around without penetration
- Find targets to work around with penetration
- Port and service discovery/scanning
- Vulnerability detection
- Find Internet vulnerabilities effectively
- Types of vulnerability scans
- Passive scan
- Active scan
- Vulnerability scanning